Monday, December 26, 2011

joy to the small world...


This Christmas was special in its own way... bittersweet really. This was our first Christmas without Ryan's mom, and without seeing any of his family... this season made us realize even more than ever how she was the glue that held the family together, and how dearly missed she is. All of us kids spent Christmas Eve with my mom, then after church we all went to my dad's to spend the night and wake up to a traditional Christmas morning breakfast. I think we are all growing accustomed to Jayme being the only one who gets presents... and this year was nothing short of being spoiled and loved on by her aunts/uncle, grampa, and nana! With plenty of surprises under the tree, Jayme had a surprise of her own to share on Christmas...

helping nana grate eat the cheese for chicken tortilla casserole

exploring a nice neighbor-lady's tree house (so awesome... i took enough pictures so ryan can one day recreate this!)

Christmas morning breakfast preparations
sock-monkey jack-in-the-box... smelling her new authentic cowgirl boots from taycie... trying out her new trike from uncle alex... stylin' with her new threads, boots, and finger in the nose (not pretty)... playing with grampa

 
 Jayme shares with Tacyie
 
Jayme's present to grampa Christmas morning











7 comments:

Kierra said...

So excited for you!!! CONGRATS guys!! XOXO

~Mrs. Hughes said...

OMG!!! WHAT?! YAYAYAYAY! So super excited. So... about 2 years apart? That's perfect! COngratulations! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! love your posts as always!

Sara said...

Thanks girls! It was terrible having that secret for a few weeks, but worth the surprise! I'm due Aug 3, so Jayme will be 2 and 2 months-ish... and I get to be pregnant with some of my girlfriends!

Junior said...

Congrats!!!! looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!!! I'll be stateside Jan 12th-24th. I will most definitely call y'all.

Laura said...

Congratulations! So exciting! I didn't know you had a blog. I'm going to have fun looking through it :)

Sara said...

Welcome to my blog :) I am hoping to stay on top of it more this year... I've enjoyed your new blog! I can't wait to see pictures of Audrey when she finally makes her debut! (ps... I might just have to "borrow" your monthly maternity picture idea... so simple and cute!)

Genevieve & Graham said...

Yeah! 2 is a lot of fun. When are you do?